If You Find Dentists and Dental Exams Scary, Fear No More
Access to affordable family dentistry allows you to keep your healthy smile, and it all starts with a routine dental exam. If you find dentists to be intimidating, understanding exactly what happens during an exam can help ease your fears. In a nutshell, your dentist will perform a thorough inspection of your teeth and mouth. After the exam, he or she will discuss your dental health, your risk of tooth decay, and what type of preventative measures you should take. Here are a few more specific details about what happens during a typical dental exam.
What to Expect During your Family Dental Clinic Exam
In addition to looking at your teeth and gums, your dentist will probably perform most or all of the following tasks:
- Ask about your health problems and get a list of your current medications
- Examine your mouth for signs of oral cancer
- Check your jaw for bite problems
- Schedule a periodontal examination to check the extent of gum disease
- Perform a variety of dental X-rays
- Examine prosthetic devices such as dentures or bridges
- Discuss tooth replacement or advanced dental procedures if needed
- Develop a treatment plan for any existing dental problems
- Clean your teeth and remove stains
- Counsel you about correct brushing and flossing techniques
- Discuss diet and lifestyle habits that may be affecting your oral health
- Make dental impressions of your teeth
- Refer you to a dental specialist if necessary
- Recommend a follow-up visit
Affordable Family Dentistry is the Best Thing You can do for Your Smile
With good hygiene and regular checkups at your family dental clinic, every generation of your family can enjoy confident, healthy smiles. To find dentists that you can afford, check family dental listings online or in your city phone directory, or contact your local dental health organizations or dental schools for more information.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Waldorf, call Drs. Lasher and Harriman at Dental One Associates of Waldorf today at (301) 861-0665 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Waldorf. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Drs. Lasher and Harriman at Dental One Associates of Waldorf, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Drs. Lasher and Harriman at Dental One Associates of Waldorf.